Located in Shanghai, Development Centre East Asia is affiliated to the IKEA of Sweden. Our assignment is to lead product development capabilities close to people and partners in strategic locations to deliver IKEA product range with simplicity, speed and low cost. Through Democratic Design we ensure a relevant product range on IKEA markets with a strong IKEA identity and uniqueness.
We are now looking for Packing Solution Engineer, come to join us!
As Packaging Solution Engineer, you are responsible to design, develop, improve and document optimal packaging solutions for the whole IKEA value chain.
• Design and develop packaging solutions suitable for multichannel retail environment with customers’ convenience in focus to the lowest cost.
• Design and develop packaging solutions by applying design for manufacturing, design for automation, design for sustainability principles, securing safety, quality and cost throughout value chain
• Develop and adjust packaging solution to meet needs and changes in Supply Chain, sales solution or selling pattern, based on input from product development, commercial and supply chain competences.
• Identify the packaging improvement potentials and give input to Action Plan.
• Secure that the packaging solution is meeting all packaging requirements
• Secure the technical packaging documentation at correct quality level through the entire lifecycle according to IKEA Standards and Guideline
• Secure necessary systems are updated and maintained timely
• Initiate and perform development test and develop test methods when required.
• Contribute in initiatives related to improvement and new development of working methods, processes and measurements within packaging solutions.
• Passionate about creating the best packaging solution for the customer at the right price with the right quality, beautiful design, and focus on sustainability