The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Reporting to the IKEA Restaurant Manager and Team Leaders, you support the daily operations of IKEA Damansara Swedish Food Market & Bistro by providing excellent customer services and housekeeping in the work area.
- You ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. You are a good listener and able to support the customer with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- You comply with and follow internal rules, policies and daily operational routines regarding issues like quality, food safety and stock figures as set by my manager.
- You understand our daily and weekly service targets and help to improve our service delivery.
- You follow cash handling procedures to ensure the security of money handling.
- You work to optimise sales, e.g. up-selling and add-on sales.
- You help and support colleagues when needed and share your knowledge with them and encourage them to do the same.
- You are passionate about the food we serve/sell and actively learn about it and share your knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Promoting a safety-first culture, as well as coach others in ensuring routines and requirements are known and followed in all daily work.
- You have an experience in handling cash register in food services industry.
- You demonstrate excellent customer service; a sale driven and feel motivated in working in a vibrant retail environment.
- You are passionate about food and people.
- You are flexible and open, curious and eager to learn. You enjoy working together with other people.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and organise individual work duties in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
- You take pride in how you serve our range to customers and want to give them a tasty reason to return again and again!
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
All co-workers are given free parking.
Please apply by 30 April 2023.