The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To secure that store communication completes and amplifies the shopping experience and range presentation through IKEA visual and verbal identity thereby contributing to building consumers' perception of the IKEA brand in the local market as unique and consistent.
- You use graphic communication competence to strengthen the uniqueness and consistency of the IKEA identity in store communication by applying the principles of IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- You assist to ensure that all communication conveys the benefits of the IKEA Concept as well as completes and enhances range presentation by using proven solutions, best practices, guidelines and national directions.
- You respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Communication & Interior Design team and other functions in the store, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results. Secure visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing store communication.
- You stay up to date with knowledge about home furnishing, communication and retail design trends to follow creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- An education in graphic communication design or multimedia design.
- Good technical skills in Adobe Creative applications (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Good verbal and written skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- You have interest in life at home and how people live.
- You are a person who is creative, commercial & a visual expert with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Having strong passion for graphic design and able to visually and verbally express and present solutions.
- Service oriented with customers’ interest at heart and ensuring that visitors perceive the IKEA store as being a source of inspiration, tips and ideas.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Please apply by 15 March 2023.