The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Goods Flow Team Manager, this Associate role is responsible for providing assistance in the completion of the Logistics process in the easiest and safest way possible. He/She develops and uses his/her knowledge and experience of IKEA operations, including IKEA machinery and equipment, as well as the expertise of his/her co-workers within the team to achieve the highest level of availability of products in the store.
- You perform effectively the Goods Flow operation tasks in your assigned area, using the available IKEA systems and equipment to achieve an efficient goods flow process and data integrity, in order to maximize stock accuracy and ensure the highest product availability for customers;
- You contribute to an optimized daily goods flow operation within the assigned goods flow processes by working in a lean, simple, and cost-conscious way;
- You contribute to the agreed goals of the Goods Flow Team, as well as being involved in the goal-setting process of your team;
- You comply with IKEA health, safety, and security guidelines, rules and regulations, and support colleagues in preventing untoward health, safety, and/or security-related incidents in the store.
- You have the interest in home furnishing, what people want in their homes and in the IKEA product range;
- You have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in Warehouse/Logistics operations, preferably in the retail industry;
- You know how to manage your time effectively, able to prioritize and organize your tasks to make use of time efficiently, and you are committed to delivering according to expectations;
- You have good attention to details in order to achieve accuracy in all that you do;
- You are a quick learner and knows how to ask questions when something is unclear;
This role requires flexibility in work hours depending on store operational requirements. Working on public holidays and weekends.
Work Location is at IKEA Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.