The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to Kitchen Production Manager, this Associate role is responsible for attracting visitors to the stores by encouraging IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more. He/She strives towards making people smile and build trust for the IKEA store among customers, co-workers, and suppliers. He/She also provides irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our customers a good reason to return.Qualification
- You ensure that our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile by supporting them with an attitude based on the IKEA values;
- You are a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers and gives them a good reason to return again and again;
- You see your area through the eyes of our customers and have a daily dialogue with them to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants;
- You are passionate about our products and actively learn about their content, origins, and other benefits and you are willing to share this knowledge with your customers and colleagues;
- You ensure that you work to optimize sales by knowing the top-selling products, support the range changes, prepare the readiness of your area, contributes to the department’s action plan as well with in-store activities, and you have an active interest in our local competition and provide relevant input to your manager regarding range and pricing;
- You comply with and follow internal rules, policies, and daily operational routines set by the management;
- You execute IKEA store operations and do your part to make sure that our operations are in line with the Functional Commercial Review standards.
- You are sales-driven and passionate about food and people;
- You have experience in food management and industry and willing to learn new skills;
- You enjoy working in a vibrant fast-paced retail environment;
- You are service-minded and always keep the customer in focus;
- You are flexible and open to change;
- You are confident in approaching and talking to people in a friendly manner;
- You take personal initiative and have good attention to details;
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills, able to influence and collaborate with others;
- You are computer literate, specifically in MS Office system.
This role requires flexibility in work hours depending on store operational requirements. Working on public holidays and weekends.
Work Location is at IKEA Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.