Why we will love you
As IKEA’s Portfolio Manager for Tech Services, you’ll hold a role that spans strategy and delivery across group digital. This varied position is a mixture of business architecture, portfolio management, and Product Management, with a focus on leading and developing our top-level business roadmap.
Casting a strategic eye over the activity both within the Tech Services domain, and at a wider group level, you’ll promote alignment, planning, and prioritisation against Ingka’s business goals.
You’ll do this by setting structure and creating clarity for business development in an agile environment by facilitating planning sessions and workshops, bringing stakeholders together from across group digital to solve complex problems. You have the ability to see the big picture, connect the dots and optimize for the totality. To be successful you should have proven experience in either Business architecture, portfolio management or Product Management.
In this role you have a minimum of 3 years experience of creating, shaping, negotiating and presenting options and scenarios to a variety of stakeholders.
You have demonstrable communication and presentation skills and proven analytical skills and experience from making quick decisions based on hard and soft data.
We believe you have strong communication skills with business and technical stakeholders and that you are a true team player with great collaboration skills.
You have a strong business acumen and strategic/commercial mind-set and we also see that you have knowledge and experience from working with digital teams.
As a person you enjoy working at a high pace with many international stakeholders, taking key decisions as a true leader that will delight our users and result in an outstanding impact for IKEA. In situations of great uncertainty, you focus on finding a pragmatic way forward.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• Good knowledge of business planning processes and scenario modelling
• Knowledge of how to outline a roadmap to meet business requirements together with relevant stakeholders
• Training/certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management (BPM), Agile
• Project Management (PMI) training and/or experience
• Product Management training and/or experience
• Knowledge of enterprise architecture and business architecture frameworks (TOGAF, BIZBOK, ArchiMate) is a plus
The internal title for this position will be “Digital Roadmap Leader”.
A day in your life with us
Among many tasks you will:
• Work across areas and initiatives within INGKA Group, enabling a successful digital development agenda that meets customer needs and drives IKEA business results.
• Lead effective data collection to create an overview of the Digital roadmap and development and deployment activities performed in assigned domain in Group Digital and across other group functions or IKEA companies
• Monitor, track and report for your area as part of the overall prioritized Group Digital roadmap
• Participate and initiate the direct interaction between external touchpoints such as other Ingka Group functions and other IKEA companies, aligning ambitions and progress across the IKEA value chain
• Regularly and frequently educate/communicate the progress of the Digital roadmap and portfolio to the Ingka markets and external touchpoints as necessary, and support the Product Managers and the Digital Roadmap manager to do so in close collaboration with partner group functions and other IKEA companies
• Play a key role in working out specific artefacts such as business capability maps and value streams and helping streamline and rationalize digital business development processes.
Together as a team
The digital roadmap team mission is to be able to respond to the following questions around Digital Business development at Ingka (Digital Roadmap):
• Will the portfolio enable us to reach our objectives? (SUFFICIENCY)
• Are we moving the needle for the business and for our customers? (SIGNIFICANCE)
• Are we spending our resources wisely? (EFFICIENCY)
• Can we thrive in the future? (RENEWAL)
We do this through interpretation and contextualization of business strategies against operational needs and help bridge gaps between strategy and execution.
We work collaboratively with Business subject matter experts, the Product organization, technical architects, and other subject matter experts in various business functions and teams to define optimal roadmap and sequence and available scenarios delivering wished outcome.
At IKEA we believe in people and that we are always better together. Within Group Digital we set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment.
This is a team game, and we get points for assists!
Questions and support? Let's connect!
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with recruiter Kate.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to learning more about you!